Reference ID: AU02ACA01L1
- The Vice Chancellor is the chief academic and administrative officer of the University. The position demands strong academic credibility, intellectual curiosity and sympathy for the values and culture of the university. The Vice Chancellor is responsible for creating and nurturing a unique academic model with an equally unique pedagogy in the new university and ensuring the capability of competing on the national and global stage.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To build and lead the university with passion, conviction, and commitment and inculcate the culture and spirit of design across the university.
- To articulate a vision with quantifiable objectives, that will position the university as a leading university of the country, enabling positive contributions to the economy and society.
- To promote the unique design centered education, collaborations, research, development, consultancy, entrepreneurial, and outreach activities in the university.
- To further the university’s interests by networking with academic and business organizations across the world
- To lead development activities, including fundraising and the reinforcement of the university’s reputation and scope, both in India and overseas.
- To oversee the teaching-learning, student development, faculty enrichment and societal connect across the university.
- To chair the Board of Management, Academic Council and Finance Committee of the university and represent the university to external world.
- To lead the senior team of Pro-Vice Chancellors, Deans, and Registrar in pursuit of the university’s overall mission and for the fulfillment of policies established by the various governing and statutory bodies.
- To provide academic and administrative leadership to the university and ensure that the governance and administration achieve the objectives in a timely, inclusive, and purposeful way.
- Ability to motivate, lead and inspire people for providing a distinctive learning experience for everyone.
- Ability to provide strategic vision and leadership, both academic and administrative, during the initial stages and provide senior leadership and experience relevant to the challenges of national and global competition.
- Exercise influence and advocacy on behalf of the university and its interests, through active engagement with external groups and individuals.
- Substantial experience of fundraising and project development activities.
- Capacity to play a leading part in national and international policy-making in higher education.
- PhD in Engineering, Design, Management, or allied disciplines from a reputed institute in India or overseas.
- 20 years with a significant leadership position and a proven track record of high degree of success, in a large and complex organization.
Place of Work
- Avantika University Campus at Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh