Technology on Campus
All students enrolling for Avantika University are required to bring to campus a laptop with minimum specifications. As this will be used in class as a study and research tool, students must be the sole user of their laptop.
Avantika is a PC and Mac campus and recommends the following minimum software packages:
- Microsoft Windows 8/10 Professional or higher, or Mac OS 10.6 or higher
- Microsoft Office (Student and Teacher Edition and above)
- An Internet Security Suite — antivirus protection is required to participate on the wireless network. Subscription expiration dates for definition updates must extend beyond the current semester (no trial software allowed). Free versions are fine.
- Minimum 500 GB hard disk drive
- Minimum 2 GB RAM memory—Minimum 1.8 GHz processor
- Internal or external wireless (802.11a, b, g, or ‘n’ compliant and WEP capable)
- Audio output—10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet (recommended)
- Three-year warranty (recommended)
- Theft and damage insurance (recommended)
- A full featured laptop, not a tablet.
- Flash drive (8 GB minimum)
- Back up capability e.g. External Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive (highly recommended)
Avantika provides students with a wireless campus. Students can work on academic assignments, projects and access the internet and email from the university premises. Certain locations within these buildings also have wired access.