CREATIVE ARTS DANCE MODULE – AVANTIKA
Objective: To assist students develop critical way of thinking and analyse the application of the basics of the performing art to the day to day working of a man.
The entire course has been divided into four parts evenly spread over the four days which would enable the instructors to introduce to the students certain different aspects of dance and at the same time experiment with it.
Day 1: DANCE IN BOLLYWOOD
Day 2: DANCE AS A FOLK ART:
- The evolution of dance in Bollywood (from the use of Indian classical dance forms to contemporary forms of dance)
- Learning about the basic contemporary dance forms and how it derives its basics from daily human activities.
- Application of these forms in expressing various interpretations of inanimate objects
Day 3: DANCE AS A FITNESS REGIME AND INTRODUCTION TO ANCILLARY FIELDS TO DANCE
- To introduce vivid folk dances of India to the students and the main objective behind such dance forms.
- To assist the students in developing team spirit and a mechanism of working in group.
- To encourage students to be a part of a community and work towards achieving common goals.
Day 4: DANCE AS CLASSICAL ART FORM:
- To introduce dance as a fitness regime to the students to attain physical, mental and emotional fitness.
- To introduce students to the ancillary fields to dance and help them experiment with various colours and props to create a small performance
- To introduce students to the classical dance forms of India and the discipline behind it.
- To assist students to work with the skill of expression and prepare them to experiment in front of an audience.