1. Who founded Avantika University and what is the connection between MIT-ID, Avantika University, and MIT Pune?
Avantika University, the first design-centered university of India, is the gallant initiative of MIT group of institutions Pune. MIT Institute of Design (MIT-ID) and Avantika University have been established, operated and owned by the MIT Group. MIT is the first ever private engineering college in the state of Maharashtra started by Dr. Vishwanath D. Karad with the vision to bring a revolution in the engineering education of the state. From one institute, the umbrella of MIT group has increased to 4 Universities and 70+ Institutes catering to over 50,000 students across primary, secondary and tertiary education.
2. Where is Avantika University located?
3. Is Avantika a recognized university? Is it recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC)?
Avantika University is located near Chintaman Ganesh Temple in Lekoda village which is situated in the outskirts of Ujjain city. The campus is 30 minutes’ drive from Nanakheda bus stand. There is a regular shuttle service provided from the University to Nanakheda square which can be availed by the students keeping their wardens in loop. The Address is as follows:
Avantika University, Vishwanathpuram, Lekoda Village, Ujjain - 456 006, MP, India.
To locate us on google map please click here
4. What are some of the key features of the Avantika campus?
Avantika University is established by the Government of Madhya Pradesh, through an Act of State Legislature, vide The Madhya Pradesh Niji Vishwavidyalaya (Sthapana Avam Sanchalan), Tritiya Sanshodhan Adhiniyam, 2016 (No. 5 of 2017) published in the “Madhya Pradesh Gazette (Extraordinary)”, dated 12th
January 2017. The university is approved by UGC. Please visit the following links for more details.
To be redirected to the website of UGC please click here
To be redirected to the website of MPPURC please click here
5. What programs in Engineering does Avantika University offer?
The state-of-the-art 50 acres campus hosts an Academic Complex with Blended classrooms, IMPARTUS System, FabLab, High-tech Computer center and Mac lab, Design Studios, Engineering lab, Library, Indoor and Outdoor sports facilities, and Amphitheatre.
To know more, Click here
6. When will applications open for the batch of 2019?
Avantika University offers four-year full-time Bachelor program in Computer Science, To know more, click here
7. What is the last date to apply for courses at Avantika University?
Admissions for 2019 batch are open. Click here
to be redirected to the concerned page.
The last date to apply for B.Tech program is tentatively scheduled on 28th February 2019. Changes, if any, will be updated on this webpage.
8. What are the entry requirements for B.tech?
9. What is the procedure to apply for B.tech?
- 10+2 (From any of the State Boards/ CBSE/ ICSE/ ISC/ CIE/ IB/ NIOS or equivalent exam) with
Physics, English, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects
- 55% aggregate in the subject group Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Vocational Subject
- 50% in English
- Valid score of DAT or JEE or any state entrance examination
10. How can I apply for the B.Tech program?
- Submit the online application form with application fee and all relevant enclosures
- Shortlisted candidates will appear for personal interview through Skype
- Status of your application will be communicated after the evaluation of all parameters
11. What is the fee structure for the Engineering programs?
to fill up the online application form.
12. What are the criteria for final selection in Avantika University?
For details concerning the fee structure for the Engineering program, please click here
Admissions at Avantika University extend beyond the student’s previous academic qualifications. It
places due emphasis on the student’s co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, creativity, and general
awareness. The Avantika University Admission Committee systematically seeks evidence of the
perception, attitude, aptitude, achievement and motivation essential for a challenging and satisfying
engineering career. The Admission Committee may revise the procedures, grades and weightage for
selection every year.
13. What are the preparations involved in applying to Avantika University?
Students applying to our undergraduate programs are expected to be creatively-inclined and harbor a
strong sense of imagination. They need to be acquainted with the latest trends dominating the design
and technology disciplines. Students will need to display a natural inclination for innovation, analysis and