1. Who founded Avantika University and what is the connection between MIT-ID, Avantika University, and MIT Pune?
Avantika University, the first design-centered university of India, is the gallant initiative of MIT group of institutions Pune. MIT Institute of Design (MIT-ID) and Avantika University have been established, operated and owned by the MIT Group. MIT is the first ever private engineering college in the state of Maharashtra started by Dr. Vishwanath D. Karad with the vision to bring a revolution in the engineering education of the state. From one institute, the umbrella of MIT group has increased to 4 Universities and 70+ Institutes catering to over 50,000 students across primary, secondary and tertiary education.
2. Where is Avantika University located?
3. Is Avantika a recognized university? Is it recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC)?
Avantika University is located near Chintaman Ganesh Temple in Lekoda village which is situated in the outskirts of Ujjain city. The campus is 30 minutes’ drive from Nanakheda bus stand. There is a regular shuttle service provided from the University to Nanakheda square which can be availed by the students keeping their wardens in loop. The Address is as follows:
Avantika University, Vishwanathpuram, Lekoda Village, Ujjain - 456 006, MP, India.
To locate us on google map please click here
4. What are some of the key features of the Avantika campus?
Avantika University is established by the Government of Madhya Pradesh, through an Act of State Legislature, vide The Madhya Pradesh Niji Vishwavidyalaya (Sthapana Avam Sanchalan), Tritiya Sanshodhan Adhiniyam, 2016 (No. 5 of 2017) published in the “Madhya Pradesh Gazette (Extraordinary)”, dated 12th
January 2017. The university is approved by UGC. Please visit the following links for more details.
To be redirected to the website of UGC please click here
To be redirected to the website of MPPURC please click here
5. What programs in Design does Avantika University offer?
The state-of-the-art 50 acres campus hosts an Academic Complex with Blended classrooms, IMPARTUS System, FabLab, High-tech Computer center and Mac lab, Design Studios, Engineering lab, Library, Indoor and Outdoor sports facilities, and Amphitheatre.
To know more, Click here
6. When will applications open for the batch of 2019?
Avantika University offers four-year full-time Bachelor program in Fashion Design, To know more, click here
7. What is the last date to apply for courses at Avantika University?
Admissions for 2019 batch are open. Click here
to be redirected to the concerned page.
The last date for form submission of the DAT for August 2019 batch aspirants is tentatively scheduled on 28th February 2019. Changes, if any, will be updated on this webpage.
8. What are the entry requirements for B.Des?
9. What is the procedure to apply for Design Program?
- 10+2 from any stream (from any of the State Boards/ CBSE/ ICSE/ ISC/ CIE/ IB/ NIOS or
- 50% aggregate in all subjects
- Proficiency in English
- Valid score of MIT Pune Design Aptitude Test (DAT)
- DAT is jointly conducted by Avantika University, Ujjain and MIT Institute of Design (MIT-ID),
10. How can I apply for the Design program?
- Submit the online application for Design Aptitude Test (DAT) with application fee
- hortlisted candidates from DAT will be called for Studio Test on campus
- Status of your application will be communicated after the evaluation of all parameters
11. What is the fee structure for the Design programs?
to fill up the online application form.
12. When will the dates for the Studio Test and Personal Interview be declared?
For details concerning the fee structure for the Design program, please Click here
13. What are the criteria for final selection in Avantika University?
The proposed dates are as follows
|6th-11th May 2019||:||B.Des. Studio test and Interview|
|13th May 2019 ||:|| B.Des Studio test final list|
|13th-15th May 2019 ||:||M.Des Studio test and Interview|
|17th May 2019 || :||M.Des Studio test final list|
Admissions at Avantika University extend beyond the student’s previous academic qualifications. It places due emphasis on the student’s co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, creativity, and general awareness. The Avantika University Admission Committee systematically seeks evidence of the perception, attitude, aptitude, achievement and motivation essential for a challenging and satisfying design career. The objective of the DAT and Studio Test is to ascertain the above qualities. The Admission Committee may revise the procedures, grades and weightage for selection every year.
14. What are the preparations involved in applying to Avantika University?
Students applying to our undergraduate and post-graduate programs are expected to be creatively-inclined and harbor a strong sense of imagination. They need to be acquainted with the latest trends dominating the design and technology disciplines. Students will need to display a natural inclination for innovation, analysis and synthesis. For Design specializations, the students can have a creative portfolio to showcase during the selection process.
15. Do you admit students on management quota?
16. Can I get assistance on education loans?
Yes. Our staff from the Admissions office will help and guide you in this regard.
17. Whom should I contact if I have any doubt in filling the application form?
For any queries or assistance, please call us on 1800-833-2288, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can avail the chat feature on our website during working hours (9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.) to get in touch.
We conduct regular campus visits at our campus, to book a shuttle, please contact our Admissions team at 6262611584 or 9516009337.