FAQs - Design
1. What is the connection between MIT-ID, Avantika University, and MIT Pune?
MIT Institute of Design (MIT-ID) and Avantika University have been established, operated and owned by MIT Group of Institutions, Pune.
2. What programs does Avantika University offer?
Avantika University offers Bachelor Program in Design, offering specializations in Industrial, and Communication Program in Design, offering specializations in Product, Graphic, and UI/ UX.
3. When will applications open for the batch of 2018?
4. What is the procedure to apply?
Admissions for 2018 batch are open. For details, please click here.
5. What is the last date for form submission of the DAT for August 2018 batch aspirants?
- Submit completed application form for the Design Aptitude Test (DAT) with all relevant enclosures and application fee.
- Appear for DAT conducted at various centers across the country.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for Studio Test on campus.
- Status of your application will be communicated after the evaluation of all parameters.
The last date for form submission of the DAT for August 2018 batch aspirants is tentatively scheduled on 28th February 2018. Changes, if any, will be updated on this webpage.
6. How can I apply for the undergraduate program?
7. What are the academic criteria for applying to the undergraduate and graduate program?
8. What is the fee structure for the undergraduate program?
- 10+2 from any stream, (From any of the State Boards/ CBSE/ ICSE/ ISC/ IB/ NIOS)
- 60% aggregate in all subjects
9. What are the criteria for final selection?
For details concerning the fee structure for the undergraduate program, please click here.
Admissions at Avantika University extend beyond the student’s previous academic qualifications. It places due emphasis on the student’s co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, creativity, and general awareness. The Avantika University Admission Committee systematically seeks evidence of the perception, attitude, aptitude, achievement and motivation essential for a challenging and satisfying design career. The objective of the DAT and Studio Test is to ascertain the above qualities. The Admission Committee may revise the procedures, grades and weightage for selection every year.
10. What are the preparations involved in applying to Avantika University?
Students applying to our undergraduate programs are expected to be creatively-inclined and harbor a strong sense of imagination. They need to be acquainted with the latest trends dominating the design and technology disciplines. Students will need to display a natural inclination for innovation, analysis and synthesis. For Design specializations, the students can have a creative portfolio to showcase during the selection process.
11. Can I get assistance on education loans?
Yes. Our staff from the Admissions office will help and guide you in this regard.
12. Whom should I contact if I have any doubt in filling the application form?
13. Is there any sample paper for DAT?
Infrastructure and Facilities
1. Is hostel facility available at Avantika University?
2. Would I be permitted to visit the campus beforehand?
Hostel facilities are available on campus at Avantika University. Hostel is assigned to students on a first-come-first-served basis. The campus cafeteria serves healthy delicacies, inspired from a range of cuisines around the world. Click here
to check hostel gallery.
3. What are the other facilities offered on campus?
Yes, students are encouraged to visit the campus beforehand. Kindly fill in the enquiry form
to help us arrange a visit.
Avantika University’s expansive campus spreads over 1300,000 sq. ft, replete with world-class academic, administrative, residential, sports and convention space. It holds state-of-the-art computer centers, design studios, labs, and lecture theatres. Students can expect high speed digital connectivity and make use of online libraries, interactive classrooms, and data centers.
1. What kind of faculty is Avantika University looking for?
2. What qualification and experience should potential faculty have?
We are seeking energetic applicants for full-time, adjunct/part-time, and visiting faculty positions in one or more of the relevant fields such as Design, Fine and Applied Arts, Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences (Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, English and Linguistics). At Avantika, our approach is to work without disciplinary and departmental boundaries.
- You are excited about teaching in an experiential, studio- and project-based environment.
- You cherish the joys of creating with young learners and question the status-quo. You make use of innovative methods to teach, interact, and learn.
- You appreciate how design, research and society connect with each other, and love to engage in creative writing, run interactive workshops, and leverage advances in other disciplines.
3. What kind of learning ecosystem and growth potential does Avantika offer to the faculty?
- Bachelor / Master of Science / PhD in – Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Material Sciences, Health Sciences
- B. Des / BFA or Graduate Diploma
- M. Des /MFA or Postgraduate Diploma
- PhD in - Industrial Design / Product Design / Transportation / Human Mobility / Communication Design / Sustainability / Material Culture / Human Factor Engineering / Design Thinking or any other relevant fields.
- B. Arch / M. Arch / PhD in - Urban Planning and Development
- BFA / MFA / PhD in – Applied Arts / Music / Dance / Performing Arts / Fine Arts / Digital Media / Digital Culture / Sculpture / Theatre / Body Language
- Bachelor / Masters / PhD in - Computer Sciences / Computer Engineering, Education Research and Sustainability, Spiritual, Mental and Physical Education.
- BA / MA / PhD in – Psychology, Education, Philosophy, Sociology, Political Science, History, English and Linguistics.
- Bachelor / Master of Technology/Engineering / PhD in - Mechanical / Mechatronics / Electrical / Electronics and Communication / Robotics / System Engineering / Manufacturing / Biomedical Engineering.
- Continuously enrich the deliverables on learning aims of the curriculum for undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Publish regularly in journals of high-ranking, quality outlets, and pursue research grants.
- Develop effective collaborations with other Universities and with external stakeholders such as industries, organizations, professionals and start-ups.
- Create intellectual properties in the forms of patents, designs, concepts, ideas etc.
- Demonstrate the capacity for constant engagement with learning.